May 5, 2019 (Last edit May 13, 2019)
May/June activity calendar last updated May 13, 2019. Please email me to request link to the live document.
I am excited to be working with your children full-time again. While there has been some “turbulence” over the course of this year, I anticipate being able to bring the class in for a smooth landing!
Some of the events and activities we have coming up in the next five weeks:
- Invention Convention-Project-Based Learning (PBL) with an engineering slant. We will be working on this intensively for the next several class days. The Invention Convention (and dessert sale!) is scheduled for Thursday, May 16th from 6:30-7:30 PM.
- 5th Grade Promotion-There will be an information meeting for families in Room B6 on Tuesday, May 7th, right after school at 2:30.
- Annual Walk-A-Thon fundraiser: Upper Grades walk from 9:45-11:15 on Thursday, May 9th
- Music performance on Monday, May 20th at 1:40 PM
- 5th Grade Golfland trip on June 5th
- 5th Grade Promotion ceremony on Thursday, June 7th at 8:30 AM
- Early out for remaining upper grade students on Thursday, June 7th at 12:20 PM.
We will continue to have a simple daily schedule, despite being so busy on end-of-the-year excitement:
And homework will be easy to remember and keep track of, with few changes weekly. For example, homework for this week will be as follows:
- Monday: Read for at least 30 minutes; Invention Convention; Coins for Camp
- Tuesday: Read for at least 30 minutes; Invention Convention; Coins for Camp
- Wednesday: Read for at least 30 minutes; Invention Convention; Coins for Camp
- Thursday: Read for at least 30 minutes; Invention Convention; Coins for Camp
- Friday: read all weekend!
The last week for homework will be May 28th-31st.
Please look for more communication from me in the coming days and weeks!
In the meantime, the best way to get in touch with me is through my San Jose Unified School District email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Leaving a message with our school secretary, Ms. Jocelin, is the second best way to reach me. Since Room B7 is not my assigned room, voice mail sent through the system may be missed as the messages go to my Intervention classroom telephone (Sorry about that, Ms. Hernandez and Mr. Cordoni!).
Thank you for your support. Once again, I am excited to be leading your child’s classroom through the end of the year.